Senior Project Manager
To execute various projects within approved project parameters such as cost, timelines, functionality and quality in order to meet the satisfaction and agreed objectives of the various projects handled
DETAILED DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Management: Manage the effective achievement of section objectives through the leadership of the section - setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal - in order to maximise subordinate and the performance of the section.
2. Budget & Plans: Prepare and recommend the section budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon
3. Organization Structure: Recommend an optimum organisation structure for the section so that resources are optimally utilised and communication can take place in an efficient manner
4. Projects: Lead and guide the Project management team in the planning, organising, management and control of various projects in order to ensure that the project cycle is completed meeting agreed project parameters (budget, timelines and scope/quality), standards and objectives
5. Project Cycle Management: Lead and manage the Project Cycle from the initial planning stage up to turn over to ensure that all aspects and phases of the projects adheres to the company requirements whilst maintaining the highest standards.
6. Projects Site Design Meetings: Actively involved by participating in all project site design meetings and maintain constant awareness to ensure approved design requirements via site conditions.
7. Evaluate all variances from approved design requirements and co-ordinate with Director for review purposes.
8. Commissioning: Commission and hand over Projects in coordination with the Project team and Project, Risk and Cost Consultants to ensure contractual terms are met.
9. Site Inspections: Carry out regular site inspections and recording observations in structured day book by circulating findings and recommendations to ensure that work is executed in line with approved specifications that the project is progressing according to project timelines and that appropriate resources are allocated in line with the contractual agreement.
10. Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures: Recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of project activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
11. MIS and Reports: Supervise the preparation of timely and accurate departmental MIS statements and reports of QATARI DIAR to meet company and department requirements, policies and standards.
12. Safety, Quality & Environment: Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls across the Projects section to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
13. Perform other duties as assigned
Budgets and plans are prepared timely and accurately in line with the annual budget parameters and timescales.
Financial variance versus budget.
Section organisation structures are defined, approved in place and implemented.
Efficiency of the department and delivery of outputs.
Projects are commissioned on time and within cost budgets.
||Algeria; Morocco; Tunisia; United Kingdom; United States